I hadn’t realised until now that the website was not correctly set up. The base domain of every hyperlink was set to my GitHub site, and thus every hyperlink was a 404 (Page not found).
It was a simple fix, though something I had overlooked.
baseURL = "https://AytonReader.github.io"
Whoops! Not only did I change my GitHub username to TomoiagaPaul, but this website isn’t even hosted on Github!
A big reason for this mistake was just a lack of understanding what Hugo actually does with the baseURL variable. Turns out it’s just the header when compiling relative links -> full URLs.
baseURL = "https://tomopaul.com"
There’s not much to say here. I guess I learned my lesson. Regularly test your website, especially after deployment.
Wish you all a happy new year.